The Buck Fifty Podcast Show Notes
Welcome back to the Hashtag 59 podcast!
This month we are running. Running over 150 miles on no sleep, in the dark, and in state parks with rolling hills. Only this month's podcast and adventure is about much more than running!
What are we doing? We are discussing The Buck Fifty.
Dave Huggins, race director of The Buck Fifty, joins Mike and Amy on the podcast to discuss the 150 mile relay race that Dave designed and created and Mike has run in twice!
From the winter days to using MapMyRun to build the course to discussing leg #24, aka Black Diamond, to the actual mission of the race this is an episode you don't want to miss.
Whether you are Born to Run or prefer to never do it we think this is an adventurous conversation that will have you ready to get outside and connect with the world in an impactful way!
Listen in or download below! Subscribe on iTunes HERE!
Key Takeaways from this episode:
1. Sign up and join Mike and Dave in 2019 HERE!
2. The Barkley's Running Documentary we reference can be found HERE.
3. Runner's World Piece on The Buck Fifty: The Appalachian Race with a goal to end the Opioid Crisis
4. The Bourbon Chase Race Dave ran in can be found HERE.
5. You have never read Born To Run? Oh boy ya better grab a copy HERE and jacked up to run!
6. Reggie O'Hara runs The Buck Fifty...by himself! Read more HERE.
7. To learn more about Drug Free Clubs of America the race donates all of its money raised to head HERE.
Thanks for tuning in! Did you enjoy the podcast about The Buck Fifty? Have more questions about the race or have a topic you'd love to hear discussed on a future show? Comment below!
Because Adventure Travel Feeds the Soul,
Mike R, Amy K, Dave H, and the Hashtag 59 Team