Long Weekend Getaways Podcast
Welcome back to the Hashtag 59 podcast!
This month we are handing out our favorite long weekend getaways from around the country! We also discuss why you should take shorter trips, our "rules" for a long weekend getaway, underrated pieces of long weekends, and the longest amount we traveled for a short period of time.
We hope you enjoy the Long Weekend Getaways Podcast!
Stacey K, our resident Scuba Diving Contributor (check her out on Stacey K's Articles on our archives page), joins Mike and Amy for this conversation on long weekend getaways and shares some of her top spots from her time spent living and teaching in Costa Rica!
Listen in or download below! Subscribe on iTunes HERE!
Key Takeaways from this episode:
1. Amy K's Weekend Getaway Blog can be found HERE!
2. Jersey K's City of Angels Long Weekends Blog can be found HERE.
3. Our Destination Guides are here for Columbus, Knoxville, and Tulum.
4. Mike R's Southwest/Western Long Weekend Recommendations:
a. Crater Lake/Bend Oregon via Portland
b. Joshua Tree/Anza Borrego via San Diego
c. Sedona/Grand Canyon via Phoenix
d. Black Hills or Field of Dreams Movie Site/Effigy Mounds via Iowa
5. Amy K's East Coast Long Weekend Recommendations:
a. Finger Lakes via New York
b. Saratoga Springs (she couldn't remember the name in the podcast!)
c. Charlottesville/Shenandoah Valley via DC
d. Charleston/Congaree NP via East Coast
6. One of these awesome Pure Michigan Ads we talked about...doesn't it look great!!
7. Stacey K lived in Costa Rica near Manuel Antonio National Park, more info HERE!
8. Raygun's Iowa, Idaho, Ohio spoof T-Shirt can be found HERE.
9. Two of Mike R's favorite long weekends have been to Moab Utah and ACL Fest.
10. Stacey K's Midwest Long Weekend Recommendations:
a. Crystal Mountain Ski
b. Cincinnati Ohio
c. Andrew Molera State Park, Big Sur CA
Thanks for tuning in! Did you enjoy this podcast about long weekend getaways? Have more questions about one of the long weekend getaways we listed or have a topic you'd love to hear discussed on a future podcast? Comment below!
Because Adventure Travel Feeds the Soul,
Mike R, Amy K, Stacey K, and the Hashtag 59 Team