National Park Wish List
Growing up as a child with parents who could take us for month long vacations, I have been fortunate enough to have visited 20 of the 59 National Parks. Of these, there are a few that I have to re-visit because my boyfriend Nelson has not been to nearly as many. So, we are planning a future road trip to the Mighty 5 (Arches, Canyonlands, Zion, Capitol Reef and Bryce), but other than those, we sat down and fantasized which additional parks are on the top of our list. They are as follows:
5. Glacier National Park: I am very bummed that when I was younger my parents actually went here, but I was 17, too busy lifeguarding and on the swim team to take a month off to drive across the country to Seattle with them. Because of this, I have had it on my list for awhile. Nelson is interested in going to Glacier because of his love for geology.
4. Yosemite National Park: I have been to California a handful of times and each time I haven’t made it to Yosemite, which is sad on my part!
3. Olympic National Park: Instead of going here when I visited Washington, we went to Mount Rainier. Olympic just seems like a really amazing park, with rainforests, mountains and beaches. There is a distinct possibility that Nelson and I will make it here when we visit Seattle in the coming years. Fingers crossed!
2. Yellowstone: Again, my dad and brother did a road trip out west one summer when I was lifeguarding and swimming, so I missed my chance to go to the Tetons and Yellowstone. Our plan is to fly into Salt Lake City and hit up both Grand Teton and Yellowstone at the same time. The juxtaposition between the forests of the Tetons and the barren land of Yellowstone will remind of a lot of Iceland!
1. Isle Royale National Park: This is one of the least visited National Parks, which is why I am really into going there. My dream is a week-long backpacking trip across the island.
Extra Credit: Virgin Islands National Park: I mean…it’s on a Caribbean island for gosh sake! And, it looks amazing….the only place to stay is Cinnamon Bay, which just looks serene. Unfortunately, hurricane Maria took out a lot of the beach and the campground is closed until further notice.
What's on your wishlist? Share in the comments below!
Are you going to #OptOutside with us this Friday?! Check out our FB Page Video for all the details! But basically you should do something outside this Friday, TAG US, use #Hashtag59, and post it, and you'll be automatically entered for an amazing prize!
Because Adventure Travel Feeds the Soul,
Amy, Nelson, and the Hashtag 59 Team